Re: another puzzling seting - this time Winamp

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I seem to recall that winamp play lists were merely text files in any case and can be edited outside of the software in notepad or similar.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] another puzzling seting - this time Winamp

Agree. I don’t remember who the add-on dev person or persons are. If any knows by all means pass that INFO along to us and also to the NVDA add-ons list.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:13:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] another puzzling seting - this time Winamp

There is already an add on for Winamp so this function should probably be added to it.

Roger

On 9/24/2018 2:07 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hi Jiles. Yeah that’s one NVDA needs to look into now that Winamp finally is making a come back possibly in October. Your right that NVDA does not read the list of tracks. I’m thinking an add-on suggestion should be submitted here.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 11:11:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] another puzzling seting - this time Winamp

Hi all,

I have another puzzling program issue, this time with Winamp.

I'm sure I've experienced this before,but I can't for the life of me remember how I sorted it out!

It relates to the Winamp 5.666 edition. I use it on my home laptop, my tablet computer and this new Dell laptop that I've got for university work.

For some reason I cannot navigate the playlist with NVDA. I suspect there is a setting that relates to how tracks are displayed, but I can't spot it in the preferences. The playlist window is definitely active.

If I move into the playlist I simply cannot navigate up and down the list. All NVDA says is “List.” I have a good 30 mp3s in the playlist and, even if I start a new playlist and then enqueue a further set of mp3s, I remain unable to navigate the playlist.

I didn't bring the Winamp 5.666 installer with me, unfortunately.

I installed the NVDA extended Winamp addon last night but that doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Giles

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.