Re: Problem With Submit Button On My Banking Site

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Gene wrote:
I hadn't considered using NVDA to move the mouse and then clicking the actual mouse.
This is a trick I try to teach everyone I work with, as there are just too many occasions when, for whatever reason, the screen reader left and/or right click functions simply will not work.  It's not like it's many times daily, not anything like that, but it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient times.

On laptops this is a cinch, as you have the left and right click hard buttons, and so long as the mouse pad is isolated from being touched they're easier to use than any of their functional equivalents.  For "real mice" you can either block the scanning light on an optical mouse or, if the mouse has a removable ball when it's a mechanical mouse, just remove it and moving the mouse doesn't move the pointer.

When it comes to accessibility the whole affair is, when it comes right down to it, a huge collection of workarounds.  Sometimes there are a few additional ones that can be put into the mix.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.