NVDA remote server refusing to auto start on debian8, any ideas?

Mobeen Iqbal

Hello Everyone.

I am new here, so please forgive me if this has been covered before. I am trying to get the NVDA remote server available on git hub running on my server running debian8 Jessie.

I have done theĀ  following to get version 1.8 installed and running, but debian still refuses to automatically start the server on boot. I am executing all commands as root.

git clone https://github.com/jmdaweb/NVDARemoteServer.git

cd NVDARemoteServer/debian8

sudo chmod +x build.sh

sudo ./build.sh

sudo dpkg -i nvda-remote-server_1.8.deb

sudo NVDARemoteServer enable

In the past, the above commands have worked fine on debian7. Running the latest versions of all packages available for jessie. Anyone have any ideas on what else I can try?

Cheers,

Mo.