Re: NVDA remote server refusing to auto start on debian8, any ideas?

Patrick ZAJDA

Hello,

Why don't you use systemd?
sudo systemctl start NVDARemoteServer.service
The debian package install it, if this is not the case look for the path
to the PID file in /etc/nvdaremote.conf
It should be: /var/run/NVDARemoteServer/NVDARemoteServer.pid

Hop this helps.

Le 26/09/2018 à 10:53, Mobeen Iqbal a écrit :
Hello Everyone.

I am new here, so please forgive me if this has been covered before. I
am trying to get the NVDA remote server available on git hub running on
my server running debian8 Jessie.

I have done the  following to get version 1.8 installed and running, but
debian still refuses to automatically start the server on boot. I am
executing all commands as root.

git clone https://github.com/jmdaweb/NVDARemoteServer.git

cd NVDARemoteServer/debian8

sudo chmod +x build.sh

sudo ./build.sh

sudo dpkg -i nvda-remote-server_1.8.deb

sudo NVDARemoteServer enable

In the past, the above commands have worked fine on debian7. Running the
latest versions of all packages available for jessie. Anyone have any
ideas on what else I can try?

Cheers,

Mo.