Re: NVDA remote server refusing to auto start on debian8, any ideas?

Mobeen Iqbal

Hi.

Many thanks for the emails I've received so far. In terms of log output, does the following help? The server claims to be receiving some kind of signal from the system to terminate. what's causing the termination?

Loggin system initialized.
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
Configuring signal handlers
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
Initialized instance variables
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
Socket created.
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
Enabled ssl in socket.
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
Setting socket options...
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
IPV6 socket has started listening on port 6837
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
IPV4 socket has not been created
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
NVDA Remote Server is ready.
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
The server is using TLS v 1.2
Wed Sep 26 11:59:25 2018
The server is running with pid 451
Wed Sep 26 12:00:54 2018
Received system signal. Waiting for server stop.
Wed Sep 26 12:01:25 2018
Shuting down server...
Wed Sep 26 12:01:25 2018
Closing channels...
Wed Sep 26 12:01:25 2018
Disconnecting clients...
Wed Sep 26 12:01:25 2018
Closing server socket...
Closing logger thread...

How can I run the server in debug mode as a service? Would debug mode append more descriptive messages to the above log?

Many thanks,

Mo.

On 26/09/2018 11:45, Patrick ZAJDA via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello,

Why don't you use systemd?
sudo systemctl start NVDARemoteServer.service
The debian package install it, if this is not the case look for the path
to the PID file in /etc/nvdaremote.conf
It should be: /var/run/NVDARemoteServer/NVDARemoteServer.pid

Hop this helps.

Le 26/09/2018 à 10:53, Mobeen Iqbal a écrit :
Hello Everyone.

I am new here, so please forgive me if this has been covered before. I
am trying to get the NVDA remote server available on git hub running on
my server running debian8 Jessie.

I have done the  following to get version 1.8 installed and running, but
debian still refuses to automatically start the server on boot. I am
executing all commands as root.

git clone https://github.com/jmdaweb/NVDARemoteServer.git

cd NVDARemoteServer/debian8

sudo chmod +x build.sh

sudo ./build.sh

sudo dpkg -i nvda-remote-server_1.8.deb

sudo NVDARemoteServer enable

In the past, the above commands have worked fine on debian7. Running the
latest versions of all packages available for jessie. Anyone have any
ideas on what else I can try?

Cheers,

Mo.