However, I am running the same antivirus program on a Windows Pro machine and the latest version of NVDA just
installed there with no problems.

John

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 09:28:20AM +0100, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
What anti virus are you using?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John J. Boyer"
<john.boyer@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:18 AM
Subject: [nvda] The latest versions of NVDA will not install on my Acer
Swift Notebook

The machine is running Windows 10 home, presumably a recent update. The
last version that will install is 2018.2.1.
Subsequent attempts to install end with the Windows error message
instalation terminated by User. I have not taken any
action
since pressing the install button. The machine eventually returns to a
normal window, but memory has been corrupted. I
have to restart to get things to work normally.

John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...