Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [nvda] Problem With Submit Button On My Banking Site

Ervin, Glenn

The trouble is though that we may see a lot of folks settle for less control over their Internet experiences , choosing to use voice controlled devices over the complexity of page elements that are emerging.

With devices getting smaller, we are seeing a shift from desktop computer-based systems in favor of more portable technology.

Although keyboards are used with this portable age, it makes me wonder of the future of Windows in a non-portable situation, like in home computers.

We, where I work,  are still using Windows in the office, and our business people rely on Windows and desktop computers for the business management aspect, but most field staff are using IOS for most of their work.

And maybe the IOS and Android  and Windows phone-based OS is where everything is going, and it seems like those environments, at least IOS, suffers less difficulty with web content and accessibility.  But that will bring a whole new set of accessibility considerations.

For me, I use a lot of IOS gestures for the touch screen, and a quick review gets me back into the IOS keyboard commands, but it is not my preferred method of accessing the web.

But I am more old-school in that regard, and maybe most of the next generation will be more comfortable doing everything on platforms like IOS/Android than I am and those older than I.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [nvda] Problem With Submit Button On My Banking Site

Accessibility in the web world is, and always has been, a game of catch-up.  That is going to get worse, at least in cycles, rather than better.

That is not indicative of the long-term arc, which is unquestionably toward better accessibility.

I'm not denying that when periods of rapid change in web coding appear, there are corresponding periods of accessibility woes.  These days, though, those tend to resolve in favor of accessibility, which was not necessarily the case for decades.

If one goes in knowing this, and accepting it as a simple fact, one can avoid a lot of "gloom and doom" thinking, if not frustration.  It's supremely frustrating when what had worked is jettisoned for something that, for the moment, anyway, is inaccessible.  Nothing is so constant as change.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.