Re: The latest versions of NVDA will not install on my Acer Swift Notebook

I always clean out a new unit.

I always check things out but yeah I also now clear it out and reformat reloading the latest os.

On 9/27/2018 9:33 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
If this is the first time you have installed nvda and its a new machine. My main finger of blame is that it needs a bloatware clean down session if not a total reinstall.
Avast is almost like a virus and seems to be on every large store purchased machine just like Norton used to be, indeed some manufacturers fit it.
There are also often  free trial versions of all sorts of rubbish installed.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:18 AM
Subject: [nvda] The latest versions of NVDA will not install on my Acer Swift Notebook

The machine is running Windows 10 home, presumably a recent update. The last version that will install is 2018.2.1.
Subsequent attempts to install end with the Windows error message instalation terminated by User. I have not taken any
action
since pressing the install button. The machine eventually returns to a normal window, but memory has been corrupted. I
have to restart to get things to work normally.

John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org