Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [nvda] Problem With Submit Button On My Banking Site

Gene

The level of training would be available if proper training were done by those who do it in the first place.  What used to be Freedom Scientific and now has a name that evokes a bird offers a lot of training.  Nothing I am describing is taught in all that training, as far as I know.

I'm a voice in the wilderness.  If blind people would join together and demand proper training, we might get somewhere.

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [nvda] Problem With Submit Button On My Banking Site

Gene,

The level of training you are referring to is either unaffordable on their limited income, or beyond their interest level.

Remember, even the average requirements of using a screenreader is more than most sighted folks would learn to use the computer.

If they cannot touch what they want or click on it with a mouse, it is beyond what the majority of sighted folks would be willing to learn, and why should the Blind be any different?

We are forced to learn stuff that many would not even consider if they did not have to.

Believe me, I’m in the real world seeing newly Blinded folks all the time, and only the most highly motivated of them are interested in learning to use a screenreader.

I find it disappointing, but that is the truth.

Glenn