Re: Meet NVDA 2016.2, bringing spelling error beep, grammar error detection and more to your work, home and everything in between #NVAccess #release

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi Joseph,

Delighted to read your message. I found it very inspiring!

I look forward to the next version of NVDA. I am proud to be associated with this work. I find that NVDA gives me inventive choices for getting around obstacles which I used to take for granted because JAWS – wonderful though it was – could not break from its rigid structure.

Even now, as I struggle with embedded objects in Adobe Flash audio, JAWS needs me to write a script to do a complex series of steps which NVDA does in two keystrokes!

I wouldn’t mind having to write my own scripts for something so commonly occurring if JAWS did not cost €1,600 ! For that much money I would expect the developers to do some work on the issue.

Well done everyone on the NVDA development team and in the user community who are so ready to explore options for improved performance.

All the best,

Cearbhall