From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: September 29, 2018 9:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] O.T.: A friend needs info on screen readers history for her thesis

going back farther still, the Apple 2E in the late 70s and early 80s had the text Tucker screen reader with the echo Cricket speech synthesizer. You can actually download be accessible mess Apple 2 emulator and see it working in action today if you want to.

On September 28, 2018 4:55:49 PM "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@...> wrote:

No, they go back further than dos. The comodore 64 ran cp/m, and it had a screen reader too, so screen reading packages didn't start with dos.

On 9/26/2018 10:36 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
Well, they go back as far as DOS, there's a lot of brands.
Try the NFB, they should have a historical perspective.
Glenn