From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mouse Over

JAWS has a mouse over function. NVDA doesn't. I don't know if JAWS would be at all useful in this context because I don't know what happens on screen when you hover the mouse over a listen link.

You can move the mouse to your current position with NVDA but that isn't the full ability that is necessary to work with mouse over links as you do in JAWS. JAWS announces where a change on the screen takes place and offers a jump to dialog so you can enter the position information to move there and see what has changed on screen. JAWS also has a way for you to jump back to the previous position. In NVDA, the ability to move the mouse is just so you can left click something after you move the mouse. it has nothing to do with telling you or allowing you to work with any changes on screen related to a mouse over function.