Re: Mouse Over

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I also feel that with very little effort the page designers could make their pages far more usable with screenreaders. It sounds as if jaws has invented a compromise mini app to get around the issue. It is not intuitive and really a company like Apple should really fix their site so anyone can use it. I wonder what narrator does on that page. Like most of us here. I do not have an apple account so I doubt I can test it out unless there are some free demos for guests.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mouse Over

JAWS has a mouse over function. NVDA doesn't. I don't know if JAWS would be at all useful in this context because I don't know what happens on screen when you hover the mouse over a listen link.

You can move the mouse to your current position with NVDA but that isn't the full ability that is necessary to work with mouse over links as you do in JAWS. JAWS announces where a change on the screen takes place and offers a jump to dialog so you can enter the position information to move there and see what has changed on screen. JAWS also has a way for you to jump back to the previous position. In NVDA, the ability to move the mouse is just so you can left click something after you move the mouse. it has nothing to do with telling you or allowing you to work with any changes on screen related to a mouse over function.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 12:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mouse Over

Ted,

Normally I'd love to help you (or almost anyone) out, but since this is an iTunes page, and I do not have iTunes nor an iTunes account the things you see when you land on this page and what I'm presented with are totally different.

I know that mouse over has been discussed here before, and I would have sworn there were actually mouse over commands documented for NVDA, but I'm not finding them in the latest documentation. I'll take a quick look at the archive and see if I can find any topics that cover dealing with mouse over menus.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.