From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 29 September 2018 18:41
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Update: Openwith Barely Usable

Hi,

Ah, this one – although the add-on did some important things in the past, some of those important ones are now part of NVDA.

Things Windows 10 App Essentials can do include:

  • Suppressing unnecessary notifications in Calculator.
  • Announcing more alerts in Microsoft Edge.
  • Fixing bugs here and there in Settings app.
  • Providing needed commands for Skype in older Skype releases.
  • Announcing suggestion count (not just sounds) in some cases.
  • Improved access to Weather app and reading forecasts.

Things transferred to NVDA:

  • Search suggestion sounds.
  • Reading live text in various apps.
  • Detecting and reading dialogs in universal apps.
  • Working with emoji panel.
  • Reading text from dictation panel.
  • Announcing hardware keyboard input suggestions.
  • Navigating cloud clipboard history/paste screen (October 2018 Update).
  • Announcing notifications from various apps.

In fact, NVDA 2018.3.x includes important parts of Windows 10 App Essentials, namely working with modern Windows 10 input features and dialog detection.

Cheers,

Joseph