Re: Windows 10 App Essentials on Windows 10Ver1703 (64-bit) build 15063.296

Can a link be sent so I can install the latest version that supports my Windows 10 build?

On 10/1/2018 10:27, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Ah, this was partly my decision…

Windows 10 App Essentials supports a given feature update (1703, for example) for a limited time. This is in accordance with Windows as a Service where new operating system release is scheduled for twice a year. Typically, I support a given feature update for at least 12 months but no more than 18. Support also means supporting NVDA releases released at that time.

The latest version of the add-on that’ll run happily on Windows 10 Version 1703 (Creators Update/build 15063) is 18.06.2, as 18.07 requires Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update/build 16299) and later. At the moment support for Version 1709 is scheduled to end this December with 18.12.x.

To Brian V: I bet Noah’s school uses Windows 10 Education, which will receive support until October 2019. I’ll make that clear on Win10 Forum once Version 1809 era kicks in.

Cheers,

Joseph