Re: Add on updator and portible copy?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Just tried it in my beta version which was a portable version installed
the updater program along with a older version of nvda remote and works
nicely. It updated the remote add on to the latest.

I do have my portable version in a directory though called nvda beta.

Gene nz

On 2/10/2018 10:33 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Just wondering if the add on updator add on will work with a portable
copy of nvda?  I'm thinking it won't because only an installed copy of
nvda can install an add on automatically. A portable copy makes it
necessary to point to the location where the add on file is located in
order to install it..  However, it may still be able to let the user
know that updates are available and which ones they are.

Roger