eSpeak NG sounds a bit weird in some instances...

Sharni-Lee Ward

Hi,

Just updated NVDA to 2016.2. I immediately noticed there are some
strange pronunciation differences between it and eSpeak. eg. words like
"updated" and "supported" sound a bit ... strangled on the last
syllable. That's the only way I can think of describing it. I suppose I
could get used to it, but right now it's a bit jarring. Also, words like
"message" seem to turn American halfway through. That might even be the
best way to describe the other weird pronunciation thing. It goes from
English accent to American for the last syllable and it sounds odd. I've
become used to eSpeak since I got NVDA four and a half years ago, and
there was another weird pronunciation thing I had to adjust to the year
before last, but I'm not sure I can adjust to this...