FW: [win10] A small request: can folks using NVDA 2018.3.x on Windows 10 Version 1809 try running intensive tasks and see if File Explorer responds?

Hi,

Note the steps below, and all requirements must be met in order to participate in this follow-up study.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:55 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] A small request: can folks using NVDA 2018.3.x on Windows 10 Version 1809 try running intensive tasks and see if File Explorer responds?

Hi all,

For NvDA users running Version 1809: can you try the following for me and Quentin please:

1. With NVDA 2018.3.x and Windows 10 Version 1809 installed, open File Explorer to any folder, preferably to a location where you have a large number of folders and files.
  2. Run an intensive task such as applying effects to a large audio file in programs such as GoldWave.
  3. Switch to File Explorer and see if NVDA reads folder and file names as you arrow through them.

This is a follow-up study to see if what NV Access and I have implemented in NVDA 2018.3 is working. If NVDA freezes, do let us know immediately so we can investigate as early as next week (Quentin and I are in the middle of a short vacation at the moment).

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.