From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:55 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] A small request: can folks using NVDA 2018.3.x on Windows 10 Version 1809 try running intensive tasks and see if File Explorer responds?

Hi all,

For NvDA users running Version 1809: can you try the following for me and Quentin please:

  1. With NVDA 2018.3.x and Windows 10 Version 1809 installed, open File Explorer to any folder, preferably to a location where you have a large number of folders and files.
  2. Run an intensive task such as applying effects to a large audio file in programs such as GoldWave.
  3. Switch to File Explorer and see if NVDA reads folder and file names as you arrow through them.

This is a follow-up study to see if what NV Access and I have implemented in NVDA 2018.3 is working. If NVDA freezes, do let us know immediately so we can investigate as early as next week (Quentin and I are in the middle of a short vacation at the moment).

Cheers,

Joseph