Re: FW: [win10] A small request: can folks using NVDA 2018.3.x on Windows 10 Version 1809 try running intensive tasks and see if File Explorer responds?

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  Actually the problem is more severe when using intensive resource apps like Sound forge and Magix Samplitude.  NVDA totally freezes in the windows explorer view and takes some time to respond even after these apps have gone out of scope.  Cheers!

On 3/10/2018 2:00 PM, Afik Suffir wrote:

b.h

I can confirm the problem as well.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: [win10] A small request: can folks using NVDA 2018.3.x on Windows 10 Version 1809 try running intensive tasks and see if File Explorer responds?

Hi Group,

I can confirm the problem. In fact, the only way I even see the window for Windows Explorer/This PC is when I move to the desktop and tab to the task bar and highlight the item that says 'windows explorer one running window.'  When I press enter on this to focus on the folder, everything disappears.  The title bar says: 'Explorer' but nothing shows up.  When Gold Wave is complete with its task, then everything goes back to normal.

On 10/3/2018 12:55 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Note the steps below, and all requirements must be met in order to participate in this follow-up study.

Cheers,

Joseph