From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Spivey
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] rate of speech

Press control+NVDA+v, then alt+r. That brings you to the rate slider, where you can use left/right to adjust it.

On 10/3/2018 10:05 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
On my notebook (IBM thinkpad t40) I can use the
NVDA+shift+control nd up or ddown to change speech rate. On my new
HP6300 desktop, that key command makes it go faster but not slower. I
made the mistake of thinking after it got fast it would go in a circle
and start slow again. Not happen. Got it too fast to understand.
Now I can't get it slower again. Tried using jaws but it makes me
start the computer and, of course, jaws is off and nvda is running very fast.
Well then, there is narrator, but I can't remember how to start narrator.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Howard