Re: eSpeak NG sounds a bit weird in some instances...

Yes espeak ng pronounces a few things harshly and things like ed this some a words and such are squished a lot and sounding really crappy.
Now enough of the old espeak exsists where I don't actually care but espeak was a robotic thing, I would still like these ffixed.
We are going through an issue in nvda skype group now where the persion language has loads of issues such as the punctiation keys not working, speed not working etc.
Myself I would prefur that we either reverted to old espeak and just used that or made it exactly like old espeak, if anything is to improve it sounds a bit more keynoteish but other than that hmmm.
If we could get the squishes out that would be fine.
I could get used to this to, its not a reading synth but even so.

On 3/06/2016 1:32 a.m., Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
Hi,

Just updated NVDA to 2016.2. I immediately noticed there are some
strange pronunciation differences between it and eSpeak. eg. words like
"updated" and "supported" sound a bit ... strangled on the last
syllable. That's the only way I can think of describing it. I suppose I
could get used to it, but right now it's a bit jarring. Also, words like
"message" seem to turn American halfway through. That might even be the
best way to describe the other weird pronunciation thing. It goes from
English accent to American for the last syllable and it sounds odd. I've
become used to eSpeak since I got NVDA four and a half years ago, and
there was another weird pronunciation thing I had to adjust to the year
before last, but I'm not sure I can adjust to this...