Re: eSpeak NG sounds a bit weird in some instances...

I am on max I can handle the issues but its just rough sounding hopefully they fix this stuff.

On 3/06/2016 4:05 a.m., Andre Fisher wrote:
Meanwhile, you can still use the SpeechPlayer in eSpeak add-on. It is
still tied to the older version of eSpeak at the moment. That's a
temporary fix till the issues are sorted, if they are at least. You
can switch to the Max variant, but be warned, it does not sound
exactly the same.

On 6/2/16, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sharni,
Let me know in case you would like to pass this on to the ESpeak
General mailing list, either I could assist you in subscribing to it
(if you already aren't a member there) or could forward your report
myself there.
Thanks.

On 6/2/16, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Just updated NVDA to 2016.2. I immediately noticed there are some
strange pronunciation differences between it and eSpeak. eg. words like
"updated" and "supported" sound a bit ... strangled on the last
syllable. That's the only way I can think of describing it. I suppose I
could get used to it, but right now it's a bit jarring. Also, words like
"message" seem to turn American halfway through. That might even be the
best way to describe the other weird pronunciation thing. It goes from
English accent to American for the last syllable and it sounds odd. I've
become used to eSpeak since I got NVDA four and a half years ago, and
there was another weird pronunciation thing I had to adjust to the year
before last, but I'm not sure I can adjust to this...

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah