Re: google chrome

Gene

You may continue to do that, of course if you wish, but it's much more efficient and pleasant to just use the methods I've discussed. 
And there are some sites, referred to as mouse traps, that don't let you go back intentionally.  using the methods I gave keeps you from being caught in one.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2018 1:39 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] google chrome

What i have been having to do is: make sure my cursor is sitting on text and not a link, alt+leftArrow and then press the applications key and back shows up there and I enter on it. 
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] google chrome

I'm not sure why that is but the work around is easy and very effective and efficient.  Use either control enter or shift enter.  Control enter opens the link in a new tab.  To close the tab containing the new page, use the command control f4.  That returns you to the tab you were in previously, containing the previous page and closes the tab you are currently in.  Or shift enter does a similar thing.  It opens the new page in a new window.  To close the new window and return to the previous window containing the previous page, use alt f4.  I don't know if one is faster than the other to open and close new pages.  You may want to compare. 

As I think about it, I suspect the reason you can't use the back command currently is that all new pages may be opening in new tabs.  So the first option I discussed may be occurring automatically at this time.  But to make sure that whatever option you want always happens using one of the commands I gave, control or shift enter, might be the most reliable method. 

If you wish, you can see what is happening when you just press enter by seeing if more than one tab is opened after following a link with just enter.  The command to move among opened tabs is control tab.  Alt tab is the way to move among more than one opened browser window if you want to do that when using shift enter to open a new window instead of a new tab.

Gene
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 10:36 AM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] google chrome

When i click a link and go to another page I cannot alt+left arrow to get back to the previous page. it just sits there no matter how many times i repeat the command.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.