Re: Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition

Gene

Maybe these full updates of Windows, released every six months, and which are, in effect, new full versions of Windows, aren't sufficiently tested before release.  How many update cycles have wee seen where there are major problems with the release?  Maybe the insiders program isn't large enough or maybe no or insufficient effort is made to make sure those testing cover a wide enough variety of different brands and models of machines. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2018 2:40 AM
To: nvda
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition

Please wait for some days the update is withdrawn due to a major bug

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018, 1:04 PM Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
I would suggest using the mediaCreator that Microsoft offers on their web site. It is a lot faster than the update assistant.Normally it is used for creating a useable flashdrive to boot and install from but it works just as well when run from your download folder. also, if you find yourself in need of doing a clean install of windows this is the tool to use. i have done a clean install with no sighted help.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 4:59 PM

Hi, Abbie,

I didn't have that problem when I was upgrading. I don't understand what could be happening.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 3:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What about files being lost? Someone on another forum said all his files in his documents folder disappeared after he upgraded. I know it's a good idea to back things up before upgrading, but I'm wondering if anyone else had this experience after upgrading.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.