Re: Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition

Gene

This article deals with business users of Windows 10 but my guess is that many of the issues, at least in terms of stability and bugs in new full upgrades, refer to individual consumers as well.

And, you will see that there is an actual term, I believe Microsoft uses  and promotes it, "Windows As A Service."  I strongly maintain that Windows is an operating system before it is a service and my view is that Microsoft has this backwards in Windows 10.

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:20 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition

I doubt admitting bugs is a new culture at all.  These releases are released six months apart.  Either too many changes are made atoo close to the time of release to test for properly, or there is an insufficient testing base.  If two full upgrades a year are too much to test properly, then only havbe one.  Windows users, I think, would much rather have properly tested releases without the problems, some of which cripple the systems of many users, when many of these releases are made.

Windows is releasing versions too quickly, it is my guess because the emphasis has changed from stability to cramming new features into Windows to entice people to use more services Microsoft makes money from.  Why did Microsoft give Windows 10 away for a year?  Actually, they aggressively badgered Windows users to upgrade.  They didn't do so for humanitarian reasons.  They did so because Windows is far more a means of promoting Microsoft services than it used to be.

I suspect the problem is both that new services are added too quickly to be tested properly and that the sample for testing in the insider program is too limited.