From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition

I doubt admitting bugs is a new culture at all. These releases are released
six months apart. Either too many changes are made atoo close to the time
of release to test for properly, or there is an insufficient testing base.
If two full upgrades a year are too much to test properly, then only havbe
one. Windows users, I think, would much rather have properly tested
releases without the problems, some of which cripple the systems of many
users, when many of these releases are made.

Windows is releasing versions too quickly, it is my guess because the
emphasis has changed from stability to cramming new features into Windows to
entice people to use more services Microsoft makes money from. Why did
Microsoft give Windows 10 away for a year? Actually, they aggressively
badgered Windows users to upgrade. They didn't do so for humanitarian
reasons. They did so because Windows is far more a means of promoting
Microsoft services than it used to be.

I suspect the problem is both that new services are added too quickly to be
tested properly and that the sample for testing in the insider program is
too limited.