Re: NVDA 2018.3rc1 espeak problem with Russian language.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Alexander,

We have created a test build of NVDA using the latest build of eSpeak, which should address the Russian pronunciation problems.  Please try it and let me know whether it works or not.  The build starts similar to any other NVDA download - once you run it, you can either install it, or continue running (as a portable version) - either should be fine to test this.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 6:25 AM Александр Епанешников <aarnaarn2@...> wrote:
hello, i am from russia and i using espeak. in changelog i noticed that the synthesizer was updated. unfortunately because of the update, some words and prepositions were pronounced very strange. I can not explain it to people who do not know Russian, but it sounds unpleasant.
is it possible to not update the synthesizer in the release, or to find the source of the problem?
Sincerely, Alexander.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager