The Speech Viewer window stays visible on top of other Windows even when it does not have focus.  While you can focus it and then press ALT+F4, the other way would be to press NVDA+n to open the NVDA menu, then T for tools, then S to toggle Speech Viewer (or down arrow a couple of times to get to it then enter).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 12:42 AM Clare Page <clare.page@...> wrote:

Hi!

You don’t need to use alt+F4 or Escape, or even the Tab key, to close the About dialogue in the Help menu of NVDA: the window closes with an OK button. All you need to do is to press the spacebar at any point during the reading of the About message: the OK button will be activated, and the window with the About message in it will close.

I hope this helps!

Bye for now!

From Clare

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Giles Turnbull
Sent: vendredi 28 septembre 2018 16:20
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] closing the NVDA About window

Hi All,

I was just looking in the About window to see which version of NVDA I have installed, and it is 2018.3.2 ... now I know that I am unable to close that About dialogue!

Presing Escape, Alt+F4 produce no results, and tabbing around finds no close button!

I think I remember something similar happning with configuration windows back in NVDA 2017, so wonder if it might be related ... is anybody else experienceing this?

Thanks,

Giles

--
Quentin Christensen