Subject lines, was, Meet NVDA 2016.2, bringing spelling error beep, grammar error detection and more to your work, home and everything in between #NVAccess #release

Gene

Will people please change subject lines when starting a new thread?  This has nothing to do with the old thread.  Also, all the irrelevant old messages were retained.  Please either start a completely new thread or if you use reply, delete everything and then start a completely new message and subject line.

for one thing, people will be less likely to read your message when the subject line has nothing to do with what it is.  For another, it causes the archives not to reflect what is being discussed accurately in a thread.  And third, people who read messages by conversation will not have their mail organized accurately by subject.

I may remind people of this more often.  This isn't something to punish people about but it is my view that one of the functions of a list should be to teach and make people more aware of what are considered good practices on lists.  I almost never see this done and the result is that things don't improve because people aren't reminded and nudged toward improving practices.