Re: Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Well they said it wouldn't work if it didn't have space.

If windows just made space any way it could it doesn't really matter, since I heard it even targeted secondary data drives that users files were on and that is a problem since I do use a secondry drive for my stuff.

For the users a lot of stuff is backed up and duplicated and I never use the user folders in windows 7 just what I have always done since I came from the dos days and we never did this.

On 10/9/2018 5:17 AM, Jackie wrote:
Actually, I had seen some stuff come over the wire for about a week
now that if Windows didn't feel it had enough space during this past
update, the potential to delete files existed. But yeah--it does make
1 wonder. I suppose it's always best practice to make a backup, but,
sometimes, Windows doesn't give a warning prior to updating--it just
does it. I think these "Creator" updates do let you decide, though. I
know the last fall creators update gave me a lot of problems accessing
my ISP's website after it was completed, & I had to roll it back for a
long while until the issues got resolved.

What is wrong with the insider program that this problem wasn't known before
the rollout? Are there too few people in the program? Should there be more
attention to trying to get more users who use Windows in different ways and
on more varied equipment? Microsoft is developing a reputation for bad
rollouts, hardly helpful for the company achieving its goals of having
people accept "Windows as a service."

In an article I read yesterday from a reliable source, it was stated that
both this major upgrade and the one before it had serious problems. I don't
recall the details now, but I recall reading about how the previous upgrade
put some users machines into infinite bootup loops. I don't recall what
other problems may have been in that upgrade. Again, what is wrong with the
insider program that this wasn't caught?