Re: Are There Now or Has There Recently Been a Problem with Donating . . .

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 06:29 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Theoretically you could tell Paypal to donate say $20 USD and it should be able to then remove that from your account and deposit $28 AUD (or therabouts, according to Google) into our account.
And it seems to me that this is how it worked (or maybe works still) in actuality.  I am quite sure that my friend is not misremembering being able to choose USD as the currency to make the donation in.  I know that PayPal and credit card companies routinely take care of currency exchange now and they do it "in bulk" to minimize the expense to themselves and their customers.

           ~ Bertrand Russell