Re: How can I use NVDA delete a page in word?

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

ctrl+shift+pagedown is suppose to select paragraphs.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2018 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How can I use NVDA delete a page in word?

Hi Logo,

I was about to say that CONTROL+PAGE UP and CONTROL+PAGE DOWN move to the start of the previous or next page in Word, therefore to select a whole page, move to the top of a page and press CONTROL+SHIFT+PAGE DOWN.  Then I tried it and realised that (on Office 365 at least) moving between pages works, but not selecting them.

So, I have a quick way for you which does use NVDA commands:

1) Move to the start of the page to be deleted.
2) Press NVDA+F9.  This is the review cursor command to "start marking" text.
3) Press CONTROL+PAGE DOWN to move to the start of the next page.
4) Press the LEFT ARROW to go back one character.
5) Press NVDA+F10 once.  This selects the whole page.
6) Press DELETE.

The reason you have to use the left arrow to go back one character is that the review cursor copy function takes the character to the right of the cursor as well, so without that step you would delete the whole page and the first character from the next page.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go see why CONTROL+SHIFT+PAGE DOWN doesn't work.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 2:29 AM 特種兵 <afreettears@...> wrote:
hi groups:

   How can I use NVDA fast delete a page in word?
   I use shift plus down arrow selected line by line, it's slow and
sometimes move over a page.
   If I really delete the page exam the third page, how can I use NVDA
fast delete a page?

--

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan