Re: Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Gene

Also, in case there is any confusion, I was replying to Shaun, but I didn't keep that message so the message below mine isn't the one I was replying to.  Shaun said he might never use a Microsoft services account as a result of this problem.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 4:59 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 version 1809 being shelved do to major issues

Also, the logic used in this argument is incorrect.  Even if being signed in had a role in file deletion, that doesn't mean it is the fault of the cloud services per se or that in future being signed in has any bearing on the risk of loss.  Whatever the bug is, it's a bug.  If you want to use this logic, you should never take an automobile trip because the breaks have failed on this or that car.  You should never do anything because at some point, doing almost anything has led, in one way or another, to unwanted or bad consequences.  And last, if people would back things up, this would be an inconvenience, nothing more.

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 11:02 PM

It has already been reported, on several lists and elsewhere, that being logged in to OneDrive or not being logged in to OneDrive has no direct connection to the file deletion issue, at least as a singular trigger.  One of the regulars on the JAWS list reports he's updated 4 machines, two logged in to OneDrive, two not, and all updated fine.

           ~ Bertrand Russell