Re: NVDA randomly stops speaking

Quentin Christensen

Yep a log file would be very helpful to try to diagnose what is happening here.

It could simply be that Windows just doesn't seem to be resource managing so well and if it is trying to do something (like download updates), it struggles with anything else at the same time.

The log is in your %temp% directory.  If you open File Explorer with WINDOWS+E, then press ALT+D to get to the address bar and type or paste %temp% in, it should take you to the directory.  nvda.log is the current or most recent log, and nvda-old.log is the one before that (useful if NVDA crashes).

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:09 AM Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
Hi!
Would be interesting to see an old logfile from when this happens.
Could someone please remind us where they get stored? Digital dementia
strikes.
Best,
Felix

--