Re: [EXTERNAL] - [nvda] Screen reader accessibility with Kindle

Joshua Crary <JCrary@...>

I believe you can also download a Kindle App for Windows.  However, I found the process of downloading books through Kindle in a browser on my PC and accessing those books with NVDA or other screen readers difficult and never successfully read Kindle books on my PC.  I have ben using my Iphone and Ibooks as my portable ebook reader.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sociohack AC
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 9:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - [nvda] Screen reader accessibility with Kindle

 Hello guys!
Since, ebook readers especially customized for blind people, like Victor ebook reader, are very expensive, I'm thinking of buying a Kindle. I have heard that it has a screen reader called voiceview. How good is it? And how long does the battery last while using screen readers for reading books? Also, the latest version of Kindle Paper White doesn't come with an audio jack, so I'm also open to purchasing an older model.
All suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Sociohack

Caution: This email originated from outside of Roxbury Community College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.