Re: Suggestion regarding replies on this list

Amen, Antony!!

Not just here, but on any venue where computers and software are being discussed.

I will, however, say that I do believe that sometimes, "I'm not having that problem," replies are entirely appropriate when the problem is not being experienced when taking exactly the same steps as someone has documented.   There are many times when something idiosyncratic about an individual's computer or software installation is giving them an issue when they're doing everything as they should but things aren't behaving as they should.   Knowing that others cannot reproduce when doing the same thing is a valuable piece of diagnostic information.

           ~ Bertrand Russell