From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 3:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] No voice, Power Point Slide Show view on Laptop with HDMI connected, NVDA restart fixes problem

Hi,

This may have to do with audio output redirection: when an HDMI cable is connected, sound is sent through the cable, so NVDA may not recognize that you’ve still got your internal sound card active. You can ask NVDA to speak through a chosen sound card via Synthesizer/output device combo box (Control+NVDA+S).

Cheers,

Joseph