Re: No voice, Power Point Slide Show view on Laptop with HDMI connected, NVDA restart fixes problem

Mike Sedmak

Have you tried
Use f5 to start the slideshow
Use ESCAPE to close the slideshow
Use F5 again to start the slideshow

I find that starting the slideshow a second time works more
consistently than the first try.

On 10/12/18, Rick <softwarethatworks@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Joseph:

I will look into this as I try to replicate the problem using a TV monitor
instead of a projector and see if the sound actually gets rerouted.
However,
this only happens on the Power Point Slide Show window. All other windows
continue speaking out the default speaker. I would think that all speech
would be rerouted and not just the slide show. Additionally, once I restart
NVDA, I can open and close Power Point and the speech continues to come out
the default speaker when starting a slide show.

Also, Narrator does not exhibit this problem.

Rick