Re: Tooltips

Gene

What you read online applies to and is written by sighted users in most cases.  In terms of such information, don't assume the sighted writer is aware of other aspects of use.  It isn't the mouse.  It is whether something is selected and there are many ways of selecting and most sighted users are unaware of them.  and those who are aware, usually write for a sighted audience and don't go into other ways such as selecting from the keyboard.

Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 4:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Tooltips

Thank you Brian for the response. I found the "report tooltips" ceckbox
as well. But from what I read online, we need a mouse pointer in order
to display the tooltip. That's why I was somehow puzzled and curious to
know more. Moreover,if I have no way to know that an element has an
available tooltip, I won't even try to read it, since I don't know it's
there. Anyway, thanks a lot for taking the time to try and clarify
things for me.

Have a great weekend!

Vlad.