Re: No voice, Power Point Slide Show view on Laptop with HDMI connected, NVDA restart fixes problem

Well to be honest that issue can happen if you switch sound cards, then switch them back.

If you go to audio output you can probably select a device.

I have noticed this when pulling out a  device and not switching it back.

I don't usually have that issue on windows but I have had instances where a user set sound on a spaciffic device for special reason and it stayed there.

It would stay there till I used that device to switch back.

Thats fine if that device existed at all and or I could plug my external card in and switch back.

I could get a sightling to switch back.

But its happened a lot on my system where a user would use it for something and switch my sound.

A full reformat is needed to get sound back and I have banned anyone for doodling with my system.

If they do and mess it up I reformat and rage at that user but thats not happened for ages.

On 10/14/2018 8:42 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
No it sounds like something is telling nvda there is no sound device at all, which is definitely weird when you consider its just powerpoint, part of Office and one might consider all the audio parts are probably shared.

This sounds like an issue needs to be raised. I'd suspect nobody has tried a tv via hdmi so would not spot it. The fact that it is still giving sound but not nvda.
What happens if you open that windows dialogue that shows each sound generating bit of software and its volume like on windows 7, I assume that is in 10.
I did see somebody describe  Windows 10 audio as a bit of a dogs dinner, which definitely does not sound good.

Unfortunately looking on the back of my pc I do not have an hdmi socket. so...

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-