Re: No voice, Power Point Slide Show view on Laptop with HDMI connected, NVDA restart fixes problem

Rick

Hello Pranav:

Before making this suggestion, were you able to replicate my exact problem
and determine that this fixed it.

I changed the NVDA setting to use the internal speaker and added slide
transition sounds to my Power Point slide show. NVDA now spoke on internal
speakers while window sounds played on HDMI. NVDA does the same exact thing
when the slide show is started (no voice on the slide show window, but
speaks everywhere else when alt tabbing away from the slide show window.
Power point slide transition sounds were played on the HDMI device (i.e.
TV). Sadly, restarting NVDA no longer fixed the problem and NVDA simply did
not speak on the slide show window.

Changing NVDA back to sound mapper and now restart of NVDA no longer
corrects when restarted. Now I have a computer that simply won't speak the
slide content when connected to HDMI, even after restarting NVDA.

I think this is a bug in NVDA.

Don't ya just love computers?!?

Rick