Re: Subject lines, was, Meet NVDA 2016.2, bringing spelling error beep, grammar error detection and more to your work, home and everything in between #NVAccess #release

Lino Morales

I agree with you Brian. I've been on way too many email lists over the past 13 years or so.

On 6/2/2016 9:28 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Gene,

        I agree with you, absolutely, but I also have tired of hearing this lecture, repeatedly, on the various groups because it doesn't change anything.  I have to believe that moderators on groups.io have the same capability that moderators on most forums do and can split threads, move various posts to the threads they've just created by the split, and retitle those new threads.

        Please, please, please start asking moderators to do this, because that does create value for future searchers and gets the point across when a certain someone or someones suddenly find their tangents, which are often valuable in their own right, suddenly in new and appropriately titled threads, preferably with a note that it was necessary to split it because it broke topic continuity.

        The lectures do not and will not work.  I've been around this block way too many times to say anything otherwise.  If you have these powers please use them; if you don't then please ask for them.