From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Incorrect character count when selecting text in the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications editor in Microsoft Office

You're not doing something wrong and that does look like the kind of thing
you could report. I can replicate it as well and so I've submitted the
issue to our GitHub here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8851 Do
feel free to subscribe for updates, or comment to the issue if you've got
more info.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 6:26 PM David Apps <david.apps@rnaanalytics.com>
wrote:

I hope that you are having a great day.

I am using NVDA 2018.3.2 with Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) (Version
10.0.17134 Build 17134) and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications 7.1 in
Microsoft Excel for Office 365 MSO (16.0.10827.20118) (32-bit).

When I edit a Microsoft Excel macro in the Microsoft Visual Basic for
Applications editor and select some text using Ctrl+A or Shift+Page Down or
Shift+Page Up, I find that the maximum number of characters that NVDA
reports as selected is 1023. NVDA reports "1023 characters selected" even
when more than 1023 characters have been selected. Am I doing something
wrong or does this seem like a bug that I should report?

Thank you

David

------------------------------

*Notice of Confidentiality*

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed and may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose, reproduce, distribute or use this
information. Delivery of this message to any person other than the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed is not intended in any way to
waive confidentiality. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender and delete the message immediately.

RNA Analytics is a limited liability company registered in England and
Wales, under registered number 10521383.
The registered address is: Ground Floor, Bancroft Place, 10 Bancroft Road,
Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7RP, United Kingdom

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/