Re: determining the color of a text in Excel with NVDA

Mary,

             I just played with this and was shocked that NVDA did not read "negative" along with the number when this formatting is used.  It is one of the standard formats allowed by Excel for negative numbers and the fact that it is negative is something that the screen reader should be detecting.  The display should be entirely secondary to the actual cell content when it comes to what gets read.

             As far as I'm concerned this should be considered a bug.  That being said, Narrator makes the same mistake (which is still a bug, which I've reported via the Feedback Hub).