Re: determining the color of a text in Excel with NVDA

Unless I'm misunderstanding Mary Otten's original post, the issue is not really with finding anything, but with actually knowing what one is working with numerically when one simply encounters it.

I was absolutely floored that two screen readers read a negative number that used color-based formatting to indicate the negative state (and nothing else) by what was displayed in the cell in characters, not the actual data value contained in the cell.  That's just wrong, plain and simple, whether we're dealing with a cell that uses a formula to derive a value or is a numeric cell where someone entered a negative value manually.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.