Re: About the "Windows 10 App Essentials" add-on

Hi,

1.       Alarms and Clock: confirmed, a hacky fix on its way (technical: in some cases, English version is affected due to the fact that arrow keys does not cause the looping selector item to fire UIA selection change event).

2.       Twitter contents: This is screen reader dependent and ties with markup used by Twitter. This problem is caused by Twitter’s markup strategy, and I believe this was reported to Twitter not long ago. I may need to write a hack to force NVDA to announce content from child objects. Pauses is there due to presence of an unwanted Unicode character, and the optimal solution should come from Twitter.

I’ll go head and build 20160603-dev version of the add-on, and please let me know if item 1 is fixed for good (after installing that version).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kostadin Kolev
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 4:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] About the "Windows 10 App Essentials" add-on

Hello Joseph and all,

To Joseph. I have 2 questions about the "Windows 10 App Essentials" add-on for NVDA:

1. The fix that you provide in the add-on for NVDA to properly read the values in the time pickers in places such as the Alarms and Clock" app works if Windows is in english, but does not work if Windows is in another language such as bulgarian. Do you know why is it so? Can you make this fix not to be language-dependent?

2. In the official Twitter app for Windows 10, JAWS manages to read the content of the twittes, although be it with some strange pauses between each word in them. But NVDA and Narrator don't Can you make NVDA read the twittes content? I can even now read the twitt content with NVDA, but I have to use object navigation to do it.

Thanks much in advance!

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.