Re: NVDA STOPS SPEAKING RANDOMLY

Clarissa Mitchell

I had this problem a few days ago and wrote to the list about it. I
haven't experienced it since then. Some other trouble I had,
especially yesterday, was that my CPU was at an outrageous percentage.
I ran Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter, and reorganized some files. And
I also uninstalled Malwarebytes. I'm not sure if any of these things
in particular helped, but both my problems seem to have disappeared. I
had a lot of large downloads, especially games. This is just a guess,
but maybe NVDA stops speaking because the CPU load is too high.
There's an add-on for NVDA called Resource Monitor. With that
installed, you can press insert+shift+1 and it will tell you the CPU
load.

On 10/18/18, Christo Vorster <christo@training-innovationfortheblind.org> wrote:
Hi Group

I’m sorry if I missed messages regarding my problem, but I experience NVDA
falling silent every now and then while I am working in MS W, MS Excel,
Outlook, and even when I am playing some games. Regarding the games, I
silence NVDA.

I suddenly thought that it might not be a NVDA problem, but I’m not sure.

I use a Del desktop computer with Windows 10, the latest update, MS Office
2016 and NVDA 2018.3.2.

Regards

Christo Vorster

Programme Co-ordinator | Program Koördineerder

20 Adderley Street, Worcester

T 023 348 7636 F 086 415 6839

www.innovationfortheblind.org <http://www.innovationfortheblind.org>