Re: Abby fine reader 12

Gene

the discussion wasn't about cracked synthesizers.  It was about a cracked version of Fine Reader.

And what problems are you referring to regarding the paid Eloquence?  The SAPI version runs well.  There are minor problems regarding the licensing working properly but I have heard nothing other than that these are minor problems, are easily dealt with, and that the company either has or will, release an improved licensing system that doesn't have the issues people have complained about.  The add-on version of Eloquence, the legal add-on, which is bundled with another synthesizer, has bad artifacts in the Eloquence speech but it isn't SAPI 5, which is what you said you want.

Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Abby fine reader 12

To be honest, with the reports about the legal version of that synth
having quality issues I am in 2 minds about it.

If I had to use it, the crack is the way I would go.

Fortunately I don't care about that one.

Sadly its also my brick wall I really want some really good sapi synths
especially since while yes someone did give me once the old scansoft
jaws cd, and yes while thats fine, its not 64 bit and win10 is a bit
finiky with that.

The only synth package that would be good enough is vocaliser by code
factory, which is 115 bucks, cf's licencing scheme with activations,
updates and stuff has been a bit weird though it may have been fixed.

I have looked at other manufacturers.

And while I could buy something for nvda only, espeak is fine for what I
need for day to day use.

Day to day use is email, games that don't need real speech, and a few
other things.

Obviously my e book reader, daisy book reader and games and programs
that use it I would rather not have a bit of robotic crap like espeak is.

On the other side, for day to day tasks, I don't care for the
performance the high quality stuff takes to load in and I don't right
now have the most updated hardware, actually scratch that.

I have a borderline crappy gen3 piece of junk from 2010.

I would have replaced it by now but with the intel debakle and the fact
that I have heard that some stuff just doesn't work as expected and the
fact things continue for now to run, I havn't really bothered but I will
have to soon.

All that asside, to buy any package other than the code factory stuff, I
am looking upwards of 200 + maybe 300 for the acapella stuff.

The rest, well if they are in packages not all of them are, I'd like all
voices for a given language, if I had 500-700 bucks I could buy a good
set of synths.

I do have that cash but its a huge chunk of cash for a single speech engine.

I want sapi and not all synths even those from nextup.com are like that.

Right now this gen3 works with win7 but when I upgrade to 10, if the ms
stuff doesn't work as I like it I am going to have to buy something.

I am uncertain about the tiflo stuff if its updated, its older
vocaliser, but maybe that will be fine.

Then again, old and crappy or old and steady may not be the best
especially with the way things seem to be going with win10 releases.