Re: Say all

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Have you isolated it to one voice or all their voices?
I would just tell them how it is and they should be able to test it, and if they have a driver issue or think nvda is in need of a change the ball is in their court. I'd also say that if it will not do as you wanted it, then maybe they should refund your money and remove the registration for the dodgy voices.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Say all

Good morning,

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am very grateful to all those who answered.

After further testing, I believe those who said it was a synthesizer thing were right in this case. Here are my findings:

I double checked and Word Wrap was selected in Notepad.
I tried Say All once more and the reading stopped after the first three or four lines again.
I asked it to spell the first line as suggested, with insert+up arrow twice quickly, and it only reported the first character of the first line.
I tried the same thing with two other different files, same behaviour.
I opened a web page and asked it to spell a line, same behaviour.
For all these tests I've used the Code Factory vocalizer synth, the one that I had intended to use for book reading.
Now, as soon as I switched to Eloquence, NVDA went back to behaving normally. Both "say all" and "spell the line" work perfectly now, in Notepad, Word, and Chrome.

Therefore, I have another question if you don't mind:

Should I send an e-mail to CF about this? How can I describe the problem to them? I am not a programmer, so I fear my description won't be detailed enough, and I might not be able to give them the necessary elements.

Many thanks once more, and a nice end of the week to everyone.

Vlad.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.