Re: SAPI-specific settings not saving when changing to another voice

Nicolai Svendsen

Yes. Mine do tend to stick between restarts, but if I change the voice for the active SAPI 4 or SAPI 5 synthesizer, speech rate and volume do not stick.

For instance, changing to SAPI 5, then using NVDA+CTRL+left to go to voice, then using NVDA+CTRL+down to change between the voices , all my settings revert to default values.

I've never understood the reason. I don't really use SAPI a lot, but I'd like those options to stick when I do.

Nicolai