Re: Audio charts

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi tony

Not sure if the following add on will do the trick i almost forgot about it. it was written so you could work out i think it was shapes and colors etc. You need a touch screen computer.

I do not think it has been touched since? It may be what you are looking for? or not but can be fund at https://www.nvaccess.org/audioScreen/

I think there is also a mp3 file you can listen to and some stuff to try it out on on the same page along with the add on.

It was written by Mick one of the developers a couple of years back.

Gene nz

Gene nz

On 20/10/2018 10:37 AM, Tony Malykh wrote:
Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way to visualize time series information
as audio signal? For example the way I envision this tool is that
larger numbers would correspond to higher pitch tones and the entire
time series would be synthesized as variable-pitch sound a few seconds
long. I often need to deal with time series at work and it would be
very helpful to get the general idea of shape of the curve. Reading
the numbers one by one is not an option, since there are typically
hundreds and often thousands of them.

Does anybody know any existing tool capable of that? I am currently
thinking about writing an NVDA add-on for that, but I just want to
check if maybe something like that already exists.

Best
Tony